Sunday 29 July 2012

Hero beauty product - Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream

I know I'm late to the party but BB creams - wow!  Or more specifically Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream.

Image via boots.com


I knew I was going to like it as soon as I tested it in Boots.  The colour (medium) blended seamlessly with my skintone and the dry, parched skin on the back of my hand felt instantly hydrated.

I have weird skin, a mixture of very dry and congested.  I generally find that regular foundation dries out my skin & flakes around the really dry bits.  I know - attractive.  I was very pleased to find out that the BB cream kept my skin feeling constantly hydrated all day. Needless to say, it didn't flake either.  It just gave me a smooth, fresh look.  The slightly reddish bits of my complexion weren't obscured, just blurred, which was fine with me.  I prefer to be able to see the texture of the skin because it gives a fresh natural look.

You can use it with or without moisturiser.  I chose to use it on top of my moisturiser but I think that it'd be fine if I skipped the moisturiser.

Interestingly I also received rather a lot of compliments the first couple of times I wore it.  The words 'radiant' and 'well' were used rather a lot...

The only criticism I have is that I could only find it in 30ml tubes.  I found I needed to use rather a lot per application, consequently it's run out too quickly.

You can buy it in the UK for £7.99 and in the US for $8.99.

P.S.  I haven't been paid either in money or products to write this review.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would
be okay. I'm definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.


Feel free to surf to my homepage; acai berry

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...