Monday 8 September 2014

An invitation and a bit more

I've thought long and hard about whether to do this or not and I think the time is right...  I'm talking about revealing my identity.  I'm sure no one will really care everyone is fascinated so here goes...

*Deep breath*  My name is Cathy Stewart.  I'm a freelance entertainment lighting technician.  I've worked in many different areas of the business - rock 'n' roll, TV, corporate events, theatre, fashion, parties and other rather strange, random jobs (I once lit a £3,500,000.000 necklace for a magazine launch).  I started writing this blog as an outlet for that feminine side of myself that hardly sees the light of day when I'm wearing steel-toe capped boots, high viz and wiring into the mains.

The reason for the big reveal is this - I mentioned in my previous post that I'm having a professional rehearsed reading for my script.  This event is open to the public and I'd like to invite you, my lovely readers.  It's on the 8th of September, (today) at The Crown and Anchor at 22 Neal Street in Covent Garden (opposite Urban Outfitters).  £3 entry - 7.15 start.   If you do decide to come along, please find me and introduce yourself - I'll be the terrified one in the corner.  If you feel so inclined to give feedback, I would really value your opinions.

Peace and love.

4 comments:

Style At Every Age said...

Ah good luck with tonight! Shame I am not in London xx

PEN PHOTO PASSPORT said...

So it's you! I've always wondered who Cathy Stewart was, liking some of my facebook page post :D

Pleasure to know who you are Cathy :D

I'm Marj. Thank you for checking out my page.

I can't make it tonight, but if you do tell us a day or two next time, I'll find a way to come so I can meet you and give feedbacks.

Wishing you all the best. Goodluck! Let us know how it goes.

x

miss b said...

I hope the evening went well. Your work as a lighting technician sounds fascinating and varied too.
Thank you for your comment about the Pavlova. There certainly is some rivalry about its origins!

Disneyrollergirl said...

Just seen this. I remember the time I 'came out' as me on my blog. OMG, I was so scared (of what I don't know). you feel so exposed! So good on you for coming out. Glad your script reading was a success :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...