Monday 27 January 2014

The life I'd like to have versus the life I actually lead.

In my head I'm one of those women with an immaculate, glossy lifestyle that everyone tries to copy.  You know the ones - they live in all white homes accented with a 'pop' of colour (maybe a vintage chair they sourced at a flea market or a large clock).  They have amazing yet casual wardrobes and they instagram pictures of themselves eating Laduree macarons in pretty cafes with a perfect rose on the table.  Tea is always drunk out of floral teacups with gold edges and there's always a Diptyque candle on the go.

In my real life I'm a technician.  I wear steel toe capped boots & old holey T shirts to work and my hair is always a mess.  I'm not going to talk about the time I was mistaken for a vagrant on the tube (I'd worked an 18 hour day - I was tired!)  Don't get me wrong, I love my job, I just wish I had a bit more girliness in my life.

So I was very pleased last night when the waitress in the restaurant where we were eating commented on my umbrella, saying how much she loved the birds because they were so girly.


Image via amazon.com


  

4 comments:

Style At Every Age said...

Same here although I do instagram the odd candle burning lol x

PEN PHOTO PASSPORT said...

Lovely thoughts from you. I think we all have those fleeting thoughts of how we sometimes would like to look. Your umbrella is certainly very feminine and pretty, I can imagine you matching it with a pretty floral dress. Haha. Sometimes an accessory makes you think how a woman should look while carrying it. But that's stereotyping. A technician mistaken for a vagrant carrying that umbrella is a sight :)

Beautiful Things - Cathy said...

Hi Style at Every Age. I must admit I do love a beautiful candle. x

Beautiful Things - Cathy said...

Hi Chinwags and Tittle-Tattles. Yes, I do have a beautiful floral dress which I do intend to wear with my umbrella but at the moment, with all this rain, unfortunately it's jeans and welly boots. I haven't used it when I'm dressed for work, that really would be hilarious! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...