Saturday 14 February 2015

Musings on Valentine's Day

I don't mind admitting that I loathe Valentine's Day.  There!  I said it.

I hate the fact that something as mysterious and wonderful as love is packaged up and resold to us in the form of tacky cards and teddy bears with 'I love you' on their paws.

Here is this person who you'd die for; who makes you laugh, makes you cry.  Someone who rubs your shoulders when you've had a hard day.  Someone who you genuinely can't imagine living without even when you want to throttle them for something idiotic they've done.  So, how are you meant to celebrate this?  Why, by eating mediocre, overpriced food in a heart themed restaurant with other awkward couples of course!  And don't forget the red heart shaped balloons!

No, it's not for me.

Anyway, here is something I wrote last year about the origins of Valentine's Day.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!


1 comment:

PEN PHOTO PASSPORT said...

Belated! Even though I don't celebrate it myself either. Saw Fifty Shades as you know. I think I'd much rather wait for Magic Mike XXL. Haha. Have a lovely week x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...