Friday 30 August 2013

Upcycled chest of drawers for sale.

My boyfriend & I are selling this chest of drawers/bureau.  We're asking £500 for it.  I know that's a lot of money but my boyfriend has worked incredibly hard restoring it from a slightly shabby, nondescript item to this.  He's really poured his heart and his soul into this project, agonising about the correct colours & handles and spending hours re-doing the paintwork & the interior until it's perfect.  I can honestly say, without bias, it's a work of art.

We're trying to start up a little business selling upcycled furniture and this is our first item.  I like the concept of upcycling.  The hippy part of my soul finds something depressing about dwindling natural resources being used to churn out identical, mass produced goods designed to fall apart after a couple of years.  Upcycling's about taking an item that's past its prime and turning it into something that's unique, something you really won't find anywhere else.








The workmanship is flawless


He's taken so much care to choose a wood stain that enhances the beauty of the wood.






The drawers are beautifully lined with sable coloured suedette.  They're done in such a way that it's easy to replace the lining.







To arrange a viewing or you need more information, do email me on beautifulthings100@gmail.com.

If you don't want to buy it, fair enough but I'd really, really welcome advice on how to sell this, either in the comment section or email me at the above email address.  In fact, any feedback at all would be amazing.   

Finally - a big favour here - could people share this on social media etc so that as many people as possible see it?  I can't tell you how grateful I would be! x


Description

Height; 84cm 
Width; 84cm
Depth; 40cm

The frame of the piece is stained in dark walnut and the drawers are painted cream.  Each drawer has 2 dark metal handles.  The interior is lined with sable suedette.

The cost of delivery in London & the South East will be between £20 & £60, depending where you live.  For delivery costs in the rest of the UK or the world contact me on beautifulthings100@gmail.com.  Obviously, if you come and pick it up yourself, delivery costs are nothing.  Email me if you have any questions at all. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...