Tuesday 3 September 2013

Musings and reflections and winter coats

The weather's definitely changing.  Evenings are a little chillier and mornings a little greyer. I'm very glad I took the last couple of weeks off.  It really enabled me to relax and enjoy the last of this marvellous summer.

I'm ready for autumn though.



There's so much to love about this time of year.  It's quite intimate in some ways.  Evenings indoors.  Small gatherings of friends as opposed to the great public events of summer.   Rich hearty food with glasses of good red wine.

And the fashion.  I do think that if you love clothes, you tend to love winter dressing - such rich textures and colours.  And soo forgiving, darling.  A structured coat hides a multitude of sins unlike a flimsy sundress.

Talking of coats,  I'd love this coat from M&S.  It'd work with just about everything in my wardrobe.


2 comments:

PEN PHOTO PASSPORT said...

I'm afraid I'm clinging on to summer. Not ready yet for autumn, but fashion-wise, I've been looking around. I think I need a new coat too (a fun colour) and some new boots. We'll see how my denial will take.
Have a good day! x

Beautiful Things - Cathy said...

Yes, it can be hard to let go of summer, especially when it's been as glorious as this one.

x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...