Thursday 19 September 2013

Musings on freelancing

Freelancing is a very strange beast.

One moment it's all 'OH MY GOD, I HAVE NO WORK.  I must have annoyed everyone and screwed up a job (even though it all seemed to go well).  I'm going to default on the mortgage, get evicted and end up sleeping face down on some cardboard.'

Then wham!  Work starts flooding in and before you know it, you're doing your third 15 hour day in a row.  And then you remember that the reason you had no work was because it's a slow time of year - summer events are over and the autumn schedule hasn't really kicked in yet.

Note to self - Don't panic, be more positive.  

2 comments:

PEN PHOTO PASSPORT said...

I've done freelancing before, so I can relate a bit. Difference is, I was living with my parents so I didn't have to worry about the mortgage. Now, I'd probably be hyperventilating when there aren't any bookings. Or maybe not. In my job, we used to hire this actor when he didn't have acting jobs. He shared the same sentiments (he's so polite so can't call them rants) so I really understand. Hang in there! And yes, be positive coz that's the best way of thinking. Have a good weekend x

Beautiful Things - Cathy said...

Thank you!

You have a good weekend too. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...