Monday 25 January 2010

Today is NOT the most depressing day of the year.

According to those who know, today - 25 January - is the most depressing day of the year.  Apparently this is because the memories of Christmas have faded, summer is still a long way away and we're all buckling under the weight of the incoming bills.

Well, I beg to differ...  I had quite a good day today.  I got £15 pounds off my phone bill ( it's always worth asking!) and the man in the corner shop gave me £1 off because he didn't have enough change.  Not only that I had a great chat with my wonderful friend T.D. who always cheers me up.

In celebration of such a great day, I wanted to share this photo with you.   I took it a couple of days ago in my local park.


1 comment:

The Left Coast Nose said...

I didn't realize there was an actual date that is supposed to be the most depressing. And I might have thought it would be in February, since that's when winter reeeeaaalllly feels like it's never going to end. I'm so glad that you got through 25/1/10 ok though. (Did I do that right? We do it "1/25/10" here.) It's always good to take your small victories where you can

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...